Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Old Poems

I just came across one of my old journals... I would like to share some of the poems that I have written.

Untitled
Growing up so fast
Can't believe time past by so quickly
From moving down at such a young age
to receiving the diploma,
...that comes closer every day.
Leaving the family world
How? Why? Should it be disappearing?
Shouldn't kids know what they have,
freedom to play,
having fun all the days?
Now, as I look back, I wish I wasn't in a hurry to grow up.
I lost so much time thinking of the future,
shouldn't have I slowed down?
Not to have a care in the world?
My childhood is slipping by, and I don't realize until it's almost too late.
How could time past so fast?
Shouldn't it slow down so that we can see the truth?

Ever Closer
Near it I feel
Time, it seems to boaster
and someday over I will keel
But until then
I feel the call
to be a great human woman,
Not a doll,
but President of these United States
Will I be
Hero in the cape
at the age of Thirty-Three

No comments:

Post a Comment