Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Body Language, it is Important

It’s a big way on how we communicate with one another. We use it to communicate with each other more than actually talking. Though, day-in and day-out I notice that people don’t always pick up on the body language that others send out to them, or fully understand the body language that the person sends out to others. It is important to read body language; it helps you to gauge how you should communicate with the other person. You can tell if a person can’t be bothered, busy, tired, or ready to talk with you. Please be aware and take the proper measures if you really need to talk to someone who is showing any other body language other than “ready to talk,” please, it will make the communication much easier. I know I don’t like to be interrupted in doing something else, I feel that it is rude if I continue doing something if someone comes up to me, and I then feel annoyed that I was interrupted. Don’t start out by just saying my name and go into a whole spiel. Please use common courtesy and say “excuse me.” I won’t always know that you are talking to me, especially when I am preoccupied with some other activity.

Make sure you are aware of your body language; I can’t seem to stress it enough. Make sure you know what type of messages you send out with your body. You may be a very nice person; a person who cares for others. But you might not show that if you throw your stuff down, all around, making others have to move out of your way instead of trying to move out of theirs. If you act this way, you can be at the wrath of someone else’s animosity. Don’t be all aggressive looking/acting. This just makes me not want to talk to you. Don’t always look so irritated, if you haven’t already notice, I don’t go to you unless something is really important. But I’ve even learned from that… if you put out negative body language to me, I will just communicate with you in e-mail format instead of going up to you and asking about what I have a question about.

Thank you for listening to this little rant. You can now return to your previous broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment