Tuesday, June 5, 2012

First page of a short story

Please, let me know what you think... leave messages!



Journal of Victoria McKinney (working title)

Chapter 1: Understanding
Day 1
My Anger Management Coach (AMC) says that I should write in a journal to describe my “feelings” since apparently I am very vocal on everything else… Well, here it goes. Glad he can’t read this though, because man… I could kick his butt right now with me making me do this… But, time to smile, can’t let the enemy know what I am thinking, or writing about, I guess now.  Always keep the enemy guessing, great military strategy, no?  Who would think that you would get an AMC in a military school?  “One of the best of its kind…” that money can pay for.  I know this because; I am not an idiot… I can see the money swapping hands in-and-out of this place…
He’s telling me I should write down about when I got this mad, and why I hold a grudge over every little thing. Wouldn’t you hold a grudge, mister high and mighty, if you always have to fight your battles alone… since that day… your world fell apart?  Your biggest advocate is no longer there to rally for your cause? No one pays attention anymore, unless you make the ugliest scene where you have to be punished?  This is what I have been feeling, ever since she left me, and he found someone else to “try” to be her.  No one could ever replace her; she was “one-of-a-kind.”  She poisons his mind against me, it doesn’t help that my Grandmother seems to do the same exact thing as well…
My brother did retaliate differently than I did; he stuck his nose in a book, and hurried through his education to get out of that “house” as soon as possible.  Me?  I failed easy classes because I didn’t like the situation… Maybe hung out with the “wrong type” of kids, just to get noticed.  Now I am at McKinney Military School (for Advantaged Youth), oddly, named after my Grandfather…
“Okay, Victoria, Time to arise from your Journal.  You have to get to your math class” my CMA says.
“Oh, really?  This is over already?  I am so sad…”
“How about you don’t make any smart remarks for the next day? Write them in your Journal instead

1 comment: