Sunday, July 22, 2012

5 Minute Writing Prompt: My secret summer escape…


My secret summer escape…

When I was younger, my favorite summer escape was going to the beach. Oh how I would love to be able to go back in time and enjoy the time even more.  I wish I was able to escape for the summer.  Well, I should be able to do it for the month of August.  Too bad my boyfriend doesn’t want to go with me places, if his drunken stupor means anything to me. My secret summer escape would be the beach, a little cabin, with no one a mile on either side of this escape.  I stare out into the water, listening to the waves hit the sand.  I would be able to write and write in the goodness.  It would please me so much.  I guess to have my secret summer escape, I would need to find someone who was really rich to take care of me.  I wish my boyfriend would be able to do this for me.  I would love to see little kids on the beach enjoying themselves.  I would take photos of sunrises and sunsets.  My secret summer escape probably wouldn’t be much of a secret.  I would want to share it with all those I love.  I would have family over and have them to enjoy the peace and solitude.  My secret summer escape, my secret summer escape, would be so pretty, so small, so perfect.  Lots of enjoyment would take place over there.  I would love to have bbq’s outside on the beach.  Bonfires a plenty, and some fireworks that would be going off to celebrate the night.  My 5 minutes are almost up.  Can you believe it?  This is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment