Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To Hit the Open Road

I have this urge to travel.  To drop everything that I am doing, and just pack up my little Hyundai Elantra and just drive away from everything that I know.  I know what I would do too, if I had a co-pilot for this adventure (the person I wanted to go with me didn't think it seemed like a really good idea). 

I would love the chance to drive the entirety of U.S. Route 50, from Ocean City, Maryland through to San Francisco, CA.  Yes, the actual road stops in Sacramento, CA, but there is Interstate roads that go over the original U.S. 50.

The approximate plan was to take about 13 days to drive across the U.S.  (Round trip would be about 20 days give-or-take).  There would be days of rest and time just to relax.  At most I would drive 9 hours in a given day.  This would allow for stopping at National Parks and all the small town USA's that I would drive through.  It would be documented in photographs and by a nicely worded blog, written by me.

I hope this plan some day comes to fruition.  Hopefully there would be interest in reading my blog for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment